Port Adriano Short-Film contest

Port Adriano keeps promoting cultural and participative activities in Mallorca. In this case we are promoting the audio-visual world with a fun and original proposal, giving professional and amateur filmmakers the opportunity, as well as artists in other areas, of showing their artwork to the public through new channels.

Stark’s emblematic marina, Port Adriano, opens its doors to the film world with the III edition of short film contest in a Spanish port.

The jury is composed of influential local entities of the cultural ambit, such as Cineciutat, the audio-visual producer RECBLAU, ESADIB (Escola Superior d’Art Dramàtic de les Illes Balears) Evolution Mallorca International Film Festival and AICO.  They will base their criterion on originality, script, interpretation and an innovative vision of the port to give the finalists 11,000 euros in prizes.

There have been settled following prizes:

-First prize: 5,000 euros

-Second prize: 3,000 euros

-Third prize: 1,500 euros

 Other prizes:

 -Special Prize: the best short less than 1 minute: 1,000 euros

-AICO Prize for the best technical realization: 500€

-A short that will be participant in the 6th Evolution Mallorca International Film*

-Diploma for best acting, male and female, given by ESADIB*

*These prizes are not monetary prizes.

To these monetary prizes, the corresponding Spanish tax retention will be subtracted.

The finalists work will be projected in Cineciutat, in an awards and closing ceremony which will take place the 2nd of June. Furthermore, this contest will be in collaboration under endorsement of CortoEspaña, a national platform for the exhibition and projection of short-films for the whole of Spain.

Participation is open and free not only for professionals but also for amateurs. The only thing you need is a good story to be told. It can be a short-film, a music video, video art or any form of audio-visual work with a maximum duration of 5 minutes and the 25% of the piece is filmed in Port Adriano (Calvia). The other 75% can be any other location. The theme is of free choice and does not have to necessarily be nautical-based. Without a doubt, filming in a marina designed by the recognized Phillippe Starck, full of corners to be discovered and blessed with a great light, are basic elements for a master piece.

The videos presentation deadline is May 20th

In this document you can find some examples about the great locations that this port designed by Philippe Stack can offer: Why filming in Port Adriano


We have created a microsite with the full information of the film- contest where all the participant videos will be uploaded. Click here to access